For all Indian Citizens, Aadhaar Card is one of the most important documents as it is a government identity proof that not only contains your demographic data but your biometric data as well. Sometimes, you need to update your details in Aadhaar including your photo. The easiest way to do so is by visiting a nearby Aadhaar Enrolment Centre.
How to update Photo on Aadhaar Card?
To change/update your on Aadhaar Card, follow these steps below.
- Download the Aadhaar Correction form the UIDAI’s website.
- Visit a nearby Aadhaar Enrolment Center.
- Fill in the form with all the required information and diligence.
- Now, submit your form to the executive.
- Provide your biometric details for verification.
- After verification, the executive will take a live photograph of you.
- Pay the standard correction/update fee (₹ 25 + GST) to get your photo updated.
- You will be handed an Acknowledgement slip containing the Update Request Number (URN).
- You can use the Update Request Number (URN) to check the status of the update.
Important Points related to Aadhaar Photo Update
- You needn’t submit any documents to change/update your photo on Aadhaar Card.
- You needn’t submit any photographs as your photograph will be snapped at the stop by the executive.
- It may take up to 90 days for the photo to be updated.
- You can check the Aadhaar Update status using the URN provided on the acknowledgement slip.
- You can’t update your photo online through the Aadhaar elf Service Update Portal. You will have to visit a nearby enrolment centre.