The Income Tax Department of India has released the e-ITR filing service online for all types of ITR forms for the AY 2019-20. To File your Income Tax Return Online, you need to enter the required information along with Documents required. Once that is done, you can submit your e-ITR and will be notified accordingly as your ITR will be processed.
How To eFile ITR Online?
Filing your e-ITR is really easy and simple and this step-by-step guide below will help you during the process.
- Visit the ITR e-Filing Website – https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/
- Log in into your ITR Account. If you are a new user then you can sign up for a new account.
- Once logged in into your account, click on Income Tax Return under e-File column.
- Next up, select the assessment year i.e 2019-20.
- Also, select the ITR Form Type and the Submission Mode.
- You will also have to select an option to verify your returns. Three options are available to verify your returns:
- Via Aadhaar OTP (valid for 30 minutes),
- Generated EVC option through My Account or Bank ATM (Valid for 72 hours)
- By sending a signed copy of ITR-V to Centralised Processing Centre, Income Tax Department, Bengaluru
- Select the appropriate option and click on Continue.
- If you to fill your form in Hindi then you can mark the checkbox before clicking on Continue.
- Read the general instructions before filling in the form.
- Now fill in all the required information in different tabs i.e. General information, Income details, Tax details, Taxes paid and verification and 80G in the select ITR Form.
- Before submitting, click on Preview and Submit to recheck all the entered information to avoid any mistakes.
- Click on Submit and your ITR will be uploaded.
- You will now be asked to verify your ITR by the selected option.
- Once you verify the ITR through the selected method, an Acknowledgement No./ ITR V will be sent to your registered mobile number/email.
- Your ITR will be then processed and after it has been processed, you will be informed about it through the registered mobile number/email.