For all the residents of India, Aadhar Card has now become one of the most important official documents and now UIDAI is planning to make it mandatory for your Driving License to be linked with your Aadhaar Card. Currently, it is not a compulsion to do so, but soon it will be.
How to Link Aadhaar Card with Driving License Online
As driving licenses are issued by the respective Road Transport Department of every state or the union territory so, the process may differ a little from one to other, but the general process as a whole remains the same.
Follow these steps to link your Aadhaar Card with Driving License Online:
- Visit the website of the Road Transport Department of your respective State/Union Territory.
- Select the Link Aadhaar Option.
- Now, select the Driving License.
- Enter your Driving License Number.
- Also, enter your 12-digit Aadhaar Number along with the registered Mobile Number and Email ID.
- Agree to the terms and conditions.
- Now, submit the application.
- You will receive an OTP (One-Time Password) on your registered mobile number.
- Enter the OTP in the designated field to complete the process of linking Aadhaar Card with Driving License.