Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority (PFRDA) which manages and regulates National Pension System (NPS) Program has advised all the subscribers to link their Aadhaar with NPS Account. To make sure that the subscribers get the full services of this program and also track financial transactions and provide exemptions to taxpayer, it is better that you link your Aadhaar to NPS Account.
To open an NPS account, one has to submit at least ₹ 6,000 per month. A subscriber of NPS can withdraw a part of the amount in a lump sum and then utilize the remaining part to purchase an annuity or to ensure that he gets a regular monthly income after retirement.
Linking NPS Account with Aadhaar Card Online
If you’re an existing NPS subscriber then linking of Aadhaar to NPS Account is a simple and easy process. To link your NPS Account with Aadhaar Card, follow these steps:
- Visit the login page of NPS Account – https://cra-nsdl.com/CRA/
- Log in to your NPS Account.
- Now, go to the Update Details section.
- Select Update Aadhaar/Address Details.
- Now, select Add/Update Aadhaar Number.
- Click on Continue.
- Enter your Aadhaar Number and Re-Enter it Again.
- Click on Generate OTP.
- You will now receive an OTP on your registered mobile number linked with Aadhaar.
- Enter the OTP in the designated field.
- After the successful authentication, your Aadhaar will be linked with your NPS Account.