The government of India has been urging people to link their Aadhaar Card with major documents provided by the government such as PAN, Bank accounts, etc. Ration Card is another such document that the government has been urging people to link their Aadhaar card with so, they can receive all the benefits of it.
Ration Card is an official government document that entitles the holder to avail the food grains and fuel by the government at a subsidized rate. The card was launched about half a century ago but still has its importance.
How to link Aadhaar Card with Ration Card?
- You can easily link your Aadhaar Card with your Ration Card by visiting a nearby PDS or Ration Shop. Follow these steps to link your Aadhaar Card and Ration Card:
- Visit a nearby PDS or Ration Shop.
- Carry along with yourself a few photocopies of both the Ration Card and Aadhaar Cards of all your family member.
- Also, carry a passport size photograph of the head of the family.
- If your bank account is not linked with your Aadhaar Card, they also carry a copy of bank passbook too. If it is linked then you needn’t carry the bank passbook.
- Submit all these documents at the PDS/Ration Shop i.e Copy of Ration Card, bank passbook(if required), Aadhaar cards of the family and a passport size photograph of the head of the family.
- For Aadhaar authentication, you might have to provide your biometric i.e your fingerprints may be scanned for the authentication of Aadhaar Card.
- Once the documents have been submitted successfully, you will receive an SMS on the registered mobile number.
- You will also receive an SMS when your Aadhaar Card and Ration Card are linked successfully.