As per the order of the Government passed by the Supreme Court, it has now been made mandatory to link your Aadhar with your mobile number. This step is taken to eliminate any connections which are issued on the basis of fake documents.
Linking your Mobile Number with Aadhar/Re-Verification of your mobile number is free of any cost and takes just a few seconds.
Link Aadhaar with Mobile Number through OTP
People can link their mobile number with Aadhar Card and then re-verify it through OTP. However, this is for people who already have their mobile numbers linked with their Aadhar as they can use OTP to re-verify their mobile numbers.
To link your Aadhar with your Mobile Number through OTP, follow these steps:
- From your mobile number, call 14546.
- From the automated menu, choose whether you are an Indian or an NRI.
- Press 1 to give your permission to re-verify Aadhaar.
- Now, enter your 12-digit unique Aadhar Number.
- Confirm your Aadhar by pressing 1.
- Once you have done that, an OTP will be generated and sent to the registered mobile number associated with that Aadhar number.
- Give permission to the operator on the call to access your name, photo, and DOB from UIDAI.
- IVR will read out the last 4 digits of your mobile number. If those digits are correct then enter the OTP that you received.
- Now again press 1 to finish the process.
Link Aadhaar with Mobile Number by visiting Outlet
One of another method is also to visit a nearby Telecom Outlet/Store and link your Aadhar Card with your mobile number. Follow these steps to link Aadhar with Mobile Number by visiting a telecom outlet/store.
- Visit the nearest outlet/store of your SIM Card Operator/Carrier.
- Carry a self-attested copy of Aadhaar Card along with yourself.
- Provide your mobile number to the store executive.
- an OTP to the mobile number that is to be linked with Aadhaar.
- Provide the OTP to the store executive for verification.
- Now enter/provide your fingerprints for further verification.
- A confirmation SMS will be sent to your mobile number from your telecom operator.
- Reply to that SMS with “Y” to complete the process.