For every Indian Resident, it has now become mandatory to link their Aadhar card with PAN Card because income tax return won’t be processed unless your Aadhar is linked with PAN Card. Also, if someone was to make a transaction above Rs. 50,000 then they will have to get their PAN Card and Aadhar linked.
Government has provided various methods of linking Aadhar Card with PAN Card and they are very simple! The deadline for linking PAN Card with Aadhar Card is 30th September 2019 so, better hurry up!
How to Link PAN Card to Aadhaar Card Online through Income Tax Website?
The first method is through Income Tax e-Filling Website. Follow these steps to link your PAN Card and Aadhar Card!
- Head over to the Income Tax e-Filing website to link your Aadhar and PAN Card https://www1.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/e-FilingGS/Services/LinkAadhaarHome.html?lang=eng.
- Enter your PAN and Aadhar Number in the provided fields.
- Enter your Name as mentioned on your Aadhar Card.
- Check the box if you have only year of birth in Aadhar Card.
- Enter the Captcha Code.
- Now click on Link Aadhar.
- Your Aadhar and PAN Card will now be linked!
How to Link PAN Card to Aadhaar Card through SMS?
The second method is through SMS. Follow these steps to link your PAN Card and Aadhar Card!
- Compose a new message and type UIDPAN<12 Digit Aadhaar> <10 Digit PAN>.
- Send the message to either 567678 or 56161 from the registered mobile phone number.
e.g If Aadhar Number is 123456789123 and your PAN Number is ABCD12345678 then you will have to type UIDPAN 123456789123 ABCD12345678 and send it to either 567678 or 56161.
Importance of Linking PAN Card with Aadhar Card
Government of India has made it mandatory to link all the Aadhar and PAN Cards. Therefore, It is important for all the residents of India to link their PAN and Aadhar Card due to the following reason:
- As mentioned earlier, the last date for linking Aadhar and PAN Cards is September 30th, 2019. All the PAN Cards not linked within that time frame will be deactivated!
- Linking PAN Card with Aadhar Card will help the government in fixing the problem of multiple PAN Cards issued to the same name.
- For any resident, if PAN and Aadhar are not linked then his income tax return form will not be processed.
- The citizens will get summarized detail of all the taxes levied on them!