Permanent Account Number or PAN Card is a 10-digit alphanumeric and unique account number that is issued by the Indian Income Tax Department to a tax paying individual, company or HUF. PAN card must be linked in order to do any financial transaction online.
National Securities Depository Limited (NSDL) is an Indian central securities depository based in Mumbai. All of the PAN Card Applications are processed by the NSDL which after processing issue the PAN to the applicants.
How to Apply for New NSDL PAN Card?
- Head over to the application form 49A webpage on the NDSL website – https://www.onlineservices.nsdl.com/paam/endUserRegisterContact.html
- Fill in all the required details with correct information.
- After filling out all the details, click on Submit.
- Now you will have to select your mode of Payment. Payment of application fee can be made through credit/debit card, demand draft or net-banking. The fee for applying for PAN for Indian Communication Address is Rs.93 (excluding GST) and Rs. 864 (excluding GST) for foreign communication address.
- Once you have sent the payment, an acknowledgment number will be displayed. Save this acknowledgment number as this can be used to check the status of PAN Card Application.
- Once your application has been accepted and payment has been made, you will be then required to send your supporting documents through post/courier to NSDL.
- After the documents have been delivered to the NSDL, your PAN Application will be processed by NSDL.